In 2013, the day to pause, think about the role your mom has played in your life, and celebrate it is on the 12th of May. It’s just under a month away so understandable if you’re starting to think about Mothers Day ideas. The Mothers Day restaurant specials are rolling in to Dining-OUT though so perhaps we can help?
If you want to make the mom in your life feel really spoilt, take her to one of these decadent restaurants, who are all offering specials for the occasion. The specials are valid for Sunday the 12th of May 2013 and it is advisable (in some cases required) that you book in advance.
Cape Town and Surrounds
• 1802 restaurant @ the Oude Werf Hotel in Stellenbosch is offering a 6 course Mothers Day menu for R275 a person.
• Bodega restaurant @ Dornier Wines in Stellenbosch will prepare a Mothers Day menu for R360 a person including wine or R280 excluding wine.
• Rueben’s @ The One and Only Hotel near the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town is offering a Mothers Day buffet menu for R295 per person (or R150 for children between 4 and 12 years old).
• Trees restaurant @ The Townhouse Hotel in Cape Town’s CBD will have a special Mothers Day buffet lunch menu for R198 per person.
• Connexxxion restaurant @ The Protea Hotel in Green Point, Cape Town is offering a buffet lunch for mom and the family at R195 per person.
• Buonvino restaurant @ The Protea Hotel in Durbanville will host a buffet lunch for R185 per person.
• Geelbek restaurant, West Coast National Park, outside Langebaan. Lunch, live entertainment and a Mothers Day gift for R175 (children under 12 pay half price).
• The Square Restaurant,Special Mothers Day lunch menu for R255 per person.
• The Islands Restaurant @ The Protea Hotel President in Bantry Bay is offering a lunch buffet spread for R195 per person (R97.50 for u12′s) which includes a gift for mom plus a glass of sparkling wine or fruit juice for mom and the family.
• Moyo restaurant, Blouberg is offering a 3 course lunch buffet with welcome cocktails, live entertainment and a pamper session for R175 a person (under 12’s pay R95 while under 5′s are free).
• Glen Carlou Wine Cellar is offering a 3 course Mothers Day set menu for R320 which includes a glass of Glen Carlou wine as well as a gift for the mothers.
• Azure @ The 12 Apostles is organising a decadent lunch buffet for R335 per person. Mothers will receive a special preserve, hand made by the chef, a spa ‘taster’ gift voucher and be enteredt into a lucky draw to win a bottle of Moet and Chandon Brut French Champaign.
Johannesburg and Surrounds
• Wanderers restaurant @ The Protea Hotel in Illovo is offering a buffet lunch for mom and the family at R195 per person.
• Chapters restaurant @ Leriba Hotel and Spa in Centurion will prepare a lunch buffet for R195 per person (strictly between 12:00 and 15:00).
• Fairlawns Boutique Hotel in Morningside Manor, Joburg has a range of Mothers Day specials to choose from. The champaign breakfast costs R225 a person, the special lunch menu is R425 per person and the afternoon tea spread will cost R200 per person (between 15:00 and 16:30).
• Moyo restaurant, Melrose Arch, Moyo restaurant, Parkview and Moyo restaurant, Fountains, Groenkloof Nature Reserve are offering a 3 course lunch buffet with welcome cocktails, live entertainment and a pamper session for R275 a person (under 12’s pay R85 or order off the kids’ menu). Lunch is between 12:00 and 16:30.
• Parc Fermé restaurant has a special 5 course Mothers Day menu for R295, as well as a kids’ menu (children under 10 eat for free).
• Blades restaurant is offering not only a specially designed menu and kiddies buffet but a whole host of entertainment from table magicians, min spa treatments and live music (adults) to a petting zoo, face painting and cupcake decorating (children).
• Al Fiume restaurant in Hennops River is offering a gourmet lunch with live jazz and children’s entertainment.
• Ora Bella restaurant in Boksberg is hosting an incredible buffet spread for lunch with live music to boost the ambience for R175 a head.
• Plaka Eastgate and Plaka Cresta is Greek restaurant chain offering a Mothers Day set menu for R200 per person.
• Tribes restaurant in Jet Park is offering a Mothers Day set menu for R260 which includes a gift for mom and the chance for her to win a spa treatment.
Durban and Surrounds
• Saffron restaurant @ Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel outside Durban has organised a Mothers Day menu for R230 per person. They will also have a kiddies’ buffet menu on the day.
• Plaka Umhlanga is Greek restaurant offering a Mothers Day set menu for R200 per person.
Photo credit: wiki commons