Who doesn’t love a good Chocolate Cupcake? I’m sure you all have a recipe for chocolate cupcakes hidden somewhere in your recipe file but this one is rumoured to taste like Romany Creams AND it’s Banting friendly! Put on those aprons, pull out your baking supplies and pop the kettle on – you’ll be icing these warm treats in just 40 mins.
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
4 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa
1/2 tsp Unrefined Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
6 Large Eggs
1 & 2/3 cup Raw Honey
1 & 1/4 cup Butter
12 Cupcake Liners
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Combine 1/2 cup of Coconut Flour, 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Cocoa, 1/2 tsp of Unrefined Sea Salt, 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder and mix well.
- Melt 1/4 cup of Butter over low heat.
- Mix the Eggs, 1 cup of Honey and Melted Butter together.
- Combine the two mixtures and mix for at least a minute or more, until smooth without clumps (coconut flour expands as it takes in moisture, so it is good to give it a little time).
- Fill each cupcake liner 1/2 way up.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes before applying frosting.
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting: Combine 1 cup of Butter (softened to room temp), 2/3 cup of Honey and 4 Tbs of Unsweetened Cocoa in a mixer and blend until smooth and pliable enough to go into a pastry bag for piping.
The Chocolate Cupcakes can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge but the buttercream icing will keep it’s shape better in the fridge.
Thanks to The Banting Chef for the recipe!