So, boerewors is not just for braaing anymore!
The much loved South Africa delicacy is having a bit of a taste revolution lately as new ways to eat and cook boerewors are being discovered. Yum!
Here is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious boerewors stew.
What you’ll need:
Canola oil, for frying
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 tablespoon turmeric
350 grams boerewors
2 cloves of garlic
1 pinch dried chilli flakes
1 tablespoon of oregano
1 tablespoon tomato paste
400 grams chopped tomatoes
1 cup beef stock
- Chop the onions and fry with the cumin, smoked paprika and turmeric.
- Slice the boerewors and add to the frying onions.
- Add the chopped garlic, chilli flakes, oregano, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and beef stock to the pan
- Allow the concoction to simmer for 15 minutes
- Serve on mashed potatoes or rice
Give this recipe a try and let us know how it went!