Instead of buying impersonal chocolates or cards this year, how about making your own Valentine’s themed treats to give away to your colleagues, family and friends, instead?
Here is an easy to make recipe for cute heart shaped Rice Krispie treats! They look amazing and they taste even better:
- unsalted butter
- mini marshmallows
- Rice Krispies (1 cup per batch)
- heart shaped cookie cutter (widely available)
- food dye
- grease paper
- lollipop sticks (optional)
- powdered sugar
1. Melt ½ tbsp butter with 2 drops of food dye. Fold in 1 cup of mini marshmallows until they are completely melted. Add one cup of Rice Krispies. Stir until mixed well and all the cereal is completely coated in the dye and butter mixture.
2. Butter the cookie cutter.
3. Gently press a scoop of Rice Krispies mixture into the cookie cutter. Next, push it out onto the grease paper. You now have your first Rice Krispie treat heart! Repeat until all the mixture is finished and make as many batches as required.
4. Leave the hearts to cool completely.
5. If you want to make the treats into pops, once the treats are cooled, press lollipop sticks into the bottom of each treat.
For the icing:
Mix 1½ cups of powdered sugar with 2 tbsp of milk . Drizzle icing over treats.
Optional: Sprinkle rainbow sugar crystals over the fresh icing.