Here is another recipe to make your Meat Free Monday easy and delicious!
What you need:
- rice noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- firm tofu, drained, thinly sliced, and patted dry
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Soak noodles and drain. Whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, chili sauce, and brown sugar.
In a large non-stick pan, heat oil and add eggs. Cook for about 1 minute until just set. Transfer eggs to a cutting board, loosely roll up, and cut crosswise into thin strips. Add more oil to pan and cook tofu until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to cutting board.
Add oil, carrots, garlic, and scallion whites to pan and cook until soft. Add lime-juice mixture and bring to simmer. Add noodles and cook, stirring frequently. Add eggs and tofu and gently toss to combine. Top with peanuts, cilantro, and scallion greens. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to send us your favourite meat free recipes!